Capon Bridge Elementary
Capon Bridge Elementary School (CBES), a school-wide Title I school in eastern Hampshire County, serving students in grades Pre-k through 5th grade.
Mascot - Hawk
Colors - Purple and Gold
Mission - Helping every student achieve their highest potential with support from home, school and community.
School Picture Information
Check out the following information about Picture Day at CBES to help you be prepared on Oct. 14:
School Business Partners
- Anthony's Jr. Restaurant
- Capon Bridge Family Dentistry
- El Puente
- FNB Bank
- Giffin Funeral Home
- The Farmer's Daughter Market & Butcher
Information for Parents & Students
- Hampshire County Overdrive Digital Library - Log in to checkout eBooks and Audiobooks for your iPod or other electronic device.
- Title I Parents' Corner
- On Friday 1/29/21 we will do the reading iReady assessment for virtual students. We will do the math iReady for virtual students on 2/5/21.
- The schedule will be as follows for both days:
Grades 1,2 and 3 - Arrival will be from 8:00-8:30, students will report to the cafeteria.
Grades 4 and 5 - Arrival will be from 12:00-12:30, students will report to the cafeteria.
The test should take a little less than an hour to complete. When a student is finished, they will be dismissed to their parent who'll be waiting for them in the parking lot.
Counselor - Emilie Embrey
School Nurse - Elizabeth Whitacre, RN
- Emergency Procedure Card - Downloadable for updating student information
- School Health Page - information regarding the administration of medication and medical authorization forms
- Capon Bridge Elementary Friday Virtual Support Schedule for Parents
- CBES Wellness and Fitness Work Action Plan for 2019 to 2020
- CBES Wellness Assessment
- Elementary Parents Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Elementary School Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Hampshire County Schoology Resources
- Map/Directions to Capon Bridge Elementary
- Volunteer Information for CBES Parents
- What to Do About Bullying: Tips for Parents (PDF)
Parents may register children who are 4 by July 1, 2022 for Pre-K classes next year. Children who are 5 by July 1, 2022 and NOT currently in Pre-K now, may also register. Five year old children are required to enter Kindergarten before going to 1st grade. Read on...
All students & staff members are required to wear masks indoors and on buses beginning Wed, Sept. 8. This is in effect as long as the county is red or orange on the WVDHHR map. This may help lessen the need to be quarantined due to exposure to Covid. A letter from Mr. Pancione