Capon Bridge Elementary
Capon Bridge Elementary School (CBES), a school-wide Title I school in eastern Hampshire County, serving students in grades Pre-k through 5th grade.
Mascot - Hawk
Colors - Purple and Gold
Mission - Helping every student achieve their highest potential with support from home, school and community.
School Yearbook Information
Get your school yearbook now - Only $12 until Jan. 10 - then $15 until the order deadline of April 1. All color pages of CBES memories through the year!! For order information - see the Yearbook Information Flyer or click the image. -->
School Business Partners
- Anthony's Jr. Restaurant
- Capon Bridge Family Dentistry
- El Puente
- FNB Bank
- Giffin Funeral Home
- The Farmer's Daughter Market & Butcher
Information for Parents & Students
- Hampshire County Overdrive Digital Library - Log in to checkout eBooks and Audiobooks for your iPod or other electronic device.
- Title I Parents' Corner
- On Friday 1/29/21 we will do the reading iReady assessment for virtual students. We will do the math iReady for virtual students on 2/5/21.
- The schedule will be as follows for both days:
Grades 1,2 and 3 - Arrival will be from 8:00-8:30, students will report to the cafeteria.
Grades 4 and 5 - Arrival will be from 12:00-12:30, students will report to the cafeteria.
The test should take a little less than an hour to complete. When a student is finished, they will be dismissed to their parent who'll be waiting for them in the parking lot.
Counselor - Emilie Embrey
School Nurse - Elizabeth Whitacre, RN
- Emergency Procedure Card - Downloadable for updating student information
- School Health Page - information regarding the administration of medication and medical authorization forms
- Capon Bridge Elementary Friday Virtual Support Schedule for Parents
- CBES Wellness and Fitness Work Action Plan for 2019 to 2020
- CBES Wellness Assessment
- Elementary Parents Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Elementary School Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Hampshire County Schoology Resources
- Map/Directions to Capon Bridge Elementary
- Volunteer Information for CBES Parents
- What to Do About Bullying: Tips for Parents (PDF)
May 23 is the Last Day of School for Pre-K Students.
May 27 is HHS Graduation.
May 30 is the Memorial Day Holiday and There is No School.
May 31 is the LAST DAY of School for K-11 Students - 2 1/2 Hr. EARLY DISMISSAL
The Hampshire County Board of Education is seeking to hire contracted services for a Clerk-of-the-Works for the Elementary School building projects. For qualifications and job responsibilities, see Clerk of the Works Advertisement below. Clerk of the Works Advertisment