John J. Cornwell Elementary
John J. Cornwell Elementary School (JJCES), a school-wide Title I school in Hampshire County, serving students in grades 1st through 5th grade.
Mascot - Mustang
Colors - Royal Blue and Yellow
Mission - To provide an exciting, safe and high-yielding learning environment, where the total staff works together to ensure that all students will excel and achieve maximum success.
School Business Partners
- The Bank of Romney
- FNB Bank
- Just in Time Excavating
- Koolwink Motel
- Levels Fire Company
- Local Churches
- Shaffer Funeral Home
Information for Parents & Students
School Nurse - Rhonda Dante, RN
- Emergency Procedure Card - Downloadable for updating student information
- School Health Information - Policies about administering medicine at school
- School Health Page - information regarding the administration of medication and medical authorization forms.
- Elementary Parents Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Elementary School Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Hampshire County Schoology Resources
- John J. Cornwell Public Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- John J Cornwell Wellness Plan 2021-22
- Map/Directions to John J. Cornwell Elementary
- What to Do About Bullying: Tips for Parents (PDF)
May 23 is the Last Day of School for Pre-K Students.
May 27 is HHS Graduation.
May 30 is the Memorial Day Holiday and There is No School.
May 31 is the LAST DAY of School for K-11 Students - 2 1/2 Hr. EARLY DISMISSAL
The Hampshire County Board of Education is seeking to hire contracted services for a Clerk-of-the-Works for the Elementary School building projects. For qualifications and job responsibilities, see Clerk of the Works Advertisement below. Clerk of the Works Advertisment