Health and Wellness Information from your School Nurse
Parents/Guardians and students, as we all work together to ensure we have a successful Back to School experience, please review the following:
- Students with parent assistance (elementary and middle) will complete a Wellness Screen daily at home. High School students will complete at school. Staff will also complete a Wellness Screen daily.
- Students that are feeling ill, should stay home and complete assignments virtually as able.
- Masks or face covering are required for staff and students (3rd grade and up) at certain times throughout the day when it may be difficult to enforce social distancing. Students that don’t have a mask when arriving to school, will be offered one at school.
- Students and staff with a medical condition that may be impacted by wearing a mask are not required to wear one. Face shields will be available for staff
- Students that develop symptoms at school may be kept in his/her class or escorted to a designated area until a parent, guardian or designated adult can pick them up. *This information has been reviewed by the Health Department
- If a student is sent home with symptoms, it is likely medical follow-up will be recommended and a note from provider needed prior to his/her return.
- In order to assist with communication between school, medical provider, parent/guardian and school nurse, you may fax or e-mail information to child’s school or the nurse. *See contact information on county website.
- Thank you for your cooperation as we work together to keep our students and staff healthy and safe.
PLEASE READ - Announcement for Parents 2020 from School Nurses - for details you need to know about the following:
New students entering PreK or K need proof of a dental exam and a health check physical exam prior to starting school in August. It is recommended students entering grade 2 and now grade 7 show proof of a dental exam and a health check physical exam prior to school starting in August.
Also there are new requirements for vaccines for 7th and 12th grade students.