New Student Enrollment
Information About Enrolling New Students in Hampshire County Middle Schools
It is highly recommended that parents/guardians of prospective students call the school to schedule an appointment with the counselor to enroll their child/children.
Completion of an enrollment packet which includes all of the informational forms below is required. Prior to enrollment at the middle school you will need:
The following documentation is required for enrolling new students in Hampshire County Schools:
- Certified copy of birth certificate (Application for West Virginia Birth Certificate (PDF) or other state Birth Certificates.)
- Social security card (How to Get or Replace a Social Security Card)
- Proof of residency
- Contact information/address and phone of last school attended (May bring report cards and transcripts, also)
- IEP from last school, if applicable
- Up to date Immunization record (Immunization Requirements (PDF))
- Proof of guardianship/custody
- Verification that student is not suspended from previous school
- Proof of a completed PPD/Tine test result, if transferring from out of state (Hampshire County Health Department; Phone: 304-496-9640)
- Check Student Health Information for information about new immunization requirements and the administration of medicine policy and forms.
- Complete an Emergency Procedure Cards - to provide emergency contact information to the school about the student.
- Check Child Nutrition Information for the online application to apply for Free and/or Reduced Meals and find out how to make online meal payments.
- Complete an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) (PDF) that must be on file for students to use computers in schools including taking required online state assessments