- Our Schools
- New/Transfer Student Enrollment
New/Transfer Student Enrollment
Information for New Student Enrollment
Please contact the school where your child will attend directly about enrollment. You may view the list of schools in the following and click on any one of them to look at contact information and the location of that school. If you are in doubt as to which school your child should attend, call the Hampshire County Schools office at 304-822-3528.
If the enrollment is for PreK or Kindergarten for the following year, please see - PreK and Kindergarten Registration
The following documentation is required for enrolling new or transfer students in Hampshire County Schools:
- Certified copy of birth certificate (Information for obtaining Birth Certificates.)
- Application for a WV Birth Certificate (PDF)
- Application for a VA Birth Certificate (PDF)
- Application for MD Birth Certificate (PDF)
- Online links to obtain Birth Certificates for most other states:
- Social security card (How to Get or Replace a Social Security Card)
- Proof of residency
- Contact information/address and phone of last school attended (May bring report cards and transcripts, also)
- IEP from last school, if applicable
- Up to date Immunization record (Immunization Requirements (PDF)) See also: Student Health**Immunizations for 7th and 12 th graders have recently changed!
- Health Requirements Statement from School Nurses (PDF)
- Proof of guardianship/custody
- Verification that student is not suspended from previous school
- Incoming 3-4-5-6 year olds should have a health screening physical. Please bring completed forms to registration-see PreK/Kindergarten Physical and Dental Registration Information
- Important Information for parents of new enrollees:
- Check Student Health Information for information about new immunization requirements and the administration of medicine policy and forms.
- Complete an Emergency Procedure Form/Card to provide emergency contact information to the school about the student.
- Check Child Nutrition Information for the online application to apply for Free and/or Reduced Meals and find out how to make online meal payments.
- Complete an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) (PDF) that must be on file for students to use computers in schools including taking required online state assessments)
- Student Residency Form (PDF) must be completed by all enrollees.
Download this quick Parent Enrollment Checklist (PDF) to help you.