New/Transfer Student Enrollment
Information for New Student Enrollment
Please contact the school where your child will attend directly about enrollment. You may view the list of schools in the following and click on any one of them to look at contact information and the location of that school. If you are in doubt as to which school your child should attend, call the Hampshire County Schools office at 304-822-3528.
If the enrollment is for PreK or Kindergarten for the following year, please see - PreK and Kindergarten Registration
The following documentation is required for enrolling new or transfer students in Hampshire County Schools:
- Certified copy of birth certificate (Information for obtaining Birth Certificates.)
- Social security card (How to Get or Replace a Social Security Card)
- Proof of residency
- Contact information/address and phone of last school attended (May bring report cards and transcripts, also)
- IEP from last school, if applicable
- Up to date Immunization record (Immunization Requirements (PDF)) See also: Student Health**Immunizations for 7th and 12 th graders have recently changed!
- Proof of guardianship/custody
- Verification that student is not suspended from previous school
- Incoming 3-4-5-6 year olds should have a health screening physical. Please bring completed forms to registration-see PreK/Kindergarten Physical and Dental Registration Information
- Important Information for parents of new enrollees:
- Complete this online Emergency Procedure Card and you will be sent other enrollment forms to complete via email: https://app.droplet.io/form/m0Z6d0
Download this quick Parent Enrollment Checklist (PDF) to help you.
Note: If you are requesting a transfer to an out of district school for you child, please read the policy and complete the enrollment request form. The deadline to request a non-resident enrollment or an in-county transfer to a different school is June 30 of each year. For 2023 ONLY, the deadline to apply for a non-resident or in-county out of district transfer has been extended until August 11.