- Our Schools
- High School
- Hampshire High School (HHS)
- Counselor's Corner
- Scholarship & Financial Information
Scholarship & Financial Information
Hampshire High School (HSS) Scholarship Information
All Seniors please go to the Counselor Corner group on Hampshire County Schoology and check under Resources for Scholarships.
This site will be the go to for all things related to Scholarships and other items pertaining to the Counseling office. All students at HHS has been added to the Schoology Counselor Corner Group.
HHS Graduates can request transcripts by contacting either of the counselors, Mr. Nichols or Mrs. Anderson , using the contact information on the right.
- Find schools/colleges that interest you. Start the application process and research their financial aid information. Most schools will have the information online or in a brochure that you can request to be mailed to you for free.
- Complete the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) - See FAFSA information
- Apply for local and national scholarships. Most of the local scholarships will be listed in the guide or on our guidance website. Applications are available in the guidance office. Pay careful attention to deadlines and instructions. Each scholarship will have a variety of different requirements. See the HHS scholarship guide (PDF).
- All students should create an account on the College Foundation of West Virginia (CFWV). This website is a fantastic resource for career planning, interest inventories, college searches, and scholarships. There are over a million scholarships available to West Virginia students that can be accessed from this site. It has an easy to use search feature to help you narrow down the information that is most relevant to you.
Financial Aid Information
Federal Application for Student Aid ( FAFSA ) - available October 1. This Federal form is required to be completed before applying for most types of financial aid. It will now be based on the income tax return you filed 2 years prior. (Example - Filing the FAFSA for 2021 to 2022 can be done after October 1, 2020 based on the 2019 tax return.)
The priority deadline for FAFSA and Promise Scholarship Application are both due March 1st 2021!
Types of Financial Assistance Available
Types of financial assistance available from filling out the FAFSA:
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Institutional Grants
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant
- TEACH Grant Program
- Direct PLUS Loans for Parents
- Direct Stafford Loans Direct Subsidized Loans
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans
- Federal College Work-Study