- Curriculum & Title I
- Educational Resources
- Teacher Links
- Foreign Language Resources
Foreign Language Resources
February is National Discover Languages Month
Here are a variety of sources that might help you with introducing language in your schools:
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Discover Languages National Campaign: This site contains a variety of templates, tools, resources and classroom ideas to assist stakeholders in advocating and celebrating language learning.
- West Virginia Department of Education Site for World Languages: This page contains event information and links to world language programs developed by the state. Specific programs featured include Language Leaper, Language Trekkers and the upcoming West Virginia Spanish Language Immersion Camp.
- West Virginia Virtual School: This site contains information about West Virginia's virtual programs including the many course offerings in world languages.
- The West Virginia Foreign Language Teachers Association: This site contains information about local efforts to support language teachers and provide advocacy within the state.
- National Network for Early Language Learning (NNELL): This site contains resources that support early language learning and teaching. Educators, parents and policymakers can access NNELL to find ways to advocate for K-8 programs of excellence in second language education.
- National Council of State Supervisors for Language: This site provides links to state reports, LinguaFolio, publications and other advocacy tools.
Research suggests language learning correlates with higher academic achievement on standardized tests, is beneficial in the development of student reading abilities, fosters creativity and divergent thinking, and helps teachers to better educate the whole child. I hope you chose to celebrate the diversity of other cultures and languages this month and throughout the school year.