John J. Cornwell Elementary
John J. Cornwell Elementary School (JJCES), a school-wide Title I school in Hampshire County, serving students in grades 1st through 5th grade.
Mascot - Mustang
Colors - Royal Blue and Yellow
Mission - To provide an exciting, safe and high-yielding learning environment, where the total staff works together to ensure that all students will excel and achieve maximum success.
School Business Partners
- The Bank of Romney
- FNB Bank
- Just in Time Excavating
- Koolwink Motel
- Levels Fire Company
- Local Churches
- Shaffer Funeral Home
Information for Parents & Students
School Nurse - Rhonda Dante, RN
- Emergency Procedure Card - Downloadable for updating student information
- School Health Information - Policies about administering medicine at school
- School Health Page - information regarding the administration of medication and medical authorization forms.
- Elementary Parents Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Elementary School Bullying Report Form (PDF)
- Hampshire County Schoology Resources
- John J. Cornwell Public Drinking Water Report (PDF)
- John J Cornwell Wellness Plan 2021-22
- Map/Directions to John J. Cornwell Elementary
- What to Do About Bullying: Tips for Parents (PDF)
Kids aged 9 - 21 can join 4-H with a parent or guardian’s permission. Kids, aged 5 –7, who are interested 4-H can start in the Cloverbud program, which focuses more on fun but sets the stage for future learning. 4-H is a world leader in developing youths. Read on...
October 7 - for staff at all the schools except CBMS and CBES. October 13 - 2:45pm-3:30pm CBMS Staff October 13 - 4:00pm-6:00pm CBES Staff October 21 - Students at HHS, RMS and CBMS (Also for staff Pneumonia, Hep A & B and Shingles shots available.) Read on...
Parents may register children who are 4 by July 1, 2022 for Pre-K classes next year. Children who are 5 by July 1, 2022 and NOT currently in Pre-K now, may also register. Five year old children are required to enter Kindergarten before going to 1st grade. Read on...