Capon Bridge Middle School (CBMS)
CBMS serves students in grades 6 to 8 in the eastern portion of Hampshire County. The current school building opened in January 2007.
Mascot - Bobcat
Colors - Black and Orange
Mission - Capon Bridge Middle School's mission is to encourage a life-long love of learning in all students; to provide a safe, supportive, healthy environment; and to prepare all students to become productive, young adults.
School Vision Statement
"Creating Bright Minded Students"
School Business Partners
- CBMS 2018 to 2019 Student Handbook (PDF) - Revised
- CBMS Fitness and Wellness Work Action Plan 2019 to 2020 (PDF)
- Map/Directions to Capon Bridge Middle School
- School Health Information - Policies about administering medicine at school
Elizabeth Whitacre, RN - School Nurse -
- Hampshire County Overdrive Digital Library Link - Log in to checkout eBooks and Audiobooks for your iPod or other electronic devices.
- Emergency Procedure Card - Downloadable for updating student information
- CBMS School Wellness Plan
Kids aged 9 - 21 can join 4-H with a parent or guardian’s permission. Kids, aged 5 –7, who are interested 4-H can start in the Cloverbud program, which focuses more on fun but sets the stage for future learning. 4-H is a world leader in developing youths. Read on...
October 7 - for staff at all the schools except CBMS and CBES. October 13 - 2:45pm-3:30pm CBMS Staff October 13 - 4:00pm-6:00pm CBES Staff October 21 - Students at HHS, RMS and CBMS (Also for staff Pneumonia, Hep A & B and Shingles shots available.) Read on...
Parents may register children who are 4 by July 1, 2022 for Pre-K classes next year. Children who are 5 by July 1, 2022 and NOT currently in Pre-K now, may also register. Five year old children are required to enter Kindergarten before going to 1st grade. Read on...