Immunization Information & Medication Forms
Health Exam Requirements for Entry into School
New students entering Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten need proof of a dental exam and a health check physical exam prior to starting school in August. It is recommended students entering grade 2 and now grade 7 show proof of a dental exam and a health check physical exam prior to school starting in August.
Immunization Requirements for Students
State law and West Virginia Board of Education also require certain vaccinations for first entry into school and in addition all 6th- and 11th-graders must receive vaccine updates prior to entering 7th and 12th grade. The Hampshire County Health Department will be at CBMS, RMS & HHS on May 24, 2023 to administer vaccines to any students who will be going into 7th or 12th grades next year. Parental consent forms are needed in order for students to receive the vaccines. Please download, print, and complete the appropriate consent form and send to the school with the student on one of those dates.
- 7th Grade Immunization Consent (Word version) or (PDF version)
- 12th Grade Immunization Consent (Word version) or (PDF version)
- Immunization Requirements for School Entry (PDF).
- Immunization Requirements for 7th- and 12th-Graders (PDF).
Health Department Vaccine Offerings
Vaccine updates can be obtained from your child's doctor or from the Health Department. The Hampshire County Health Department located at 16189 Northwestern Pike in Augusta offers immunizations. The Health Department vaccinates every Monday from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Other times by appointment. For more information, call the Health Dept. at 304-496-9640.
Medication Policy and Forms
- Prescription Medication Policy Guidelines for Parents (PDF)
- Prescription Medication Authorization Form (PDF)
- Hampshire High Over-the-Counter Medication Information and Authorization Form (PDF) - Regarding Ibuprofen (Advil), acetaminophen (Tylenol) and antacids (Tums) for students at HHS only Done Editing
- Medical Information Release Form (FERPA) (PDF) - May be typed, then printed and signed
Chronic Health Condition Statement
Print this Chronic Health Condition Statement (PDF) and have it completed by a physician and faxed to the Attendance Director to alert the district to possible chronic conditions that may impact student attendance.