To enable, encourage, and support the the effective integration of technology as a tool for teaching and learning.
It's all about instruction! Changing instruction with technology as a tool!
What Works ~ Just some thoughts
- Time: Give teachers the time needed to practice and experiment with technology.
- Teamwork: Create a culture of respect and cooperation between instructional and technology staff. Recruit master classroom teachers to be master technology teachers.
- Trailblazers: Promote success by identifying and rewarding teacher who excel at using technology as an effective teaching tool. Encourage them to share their best practices.
- Balance: Implement policies to keep kids safe and enforce appropriate behavior, but don't let excessive fear lead to a mix of teaching methods.
- Variety: Continue to use a mix of teaching methods.
- Patience: The shift is an exciting and necessary one, but it won't happen without planning, risk taking, and hard work.
- Focus: Keep your eyes on the prize. It's all about preparing kids for the 21st Century. It's about teaching, not technology.